There are a variety of reasons that your email might look different when it is opened in different email programs:
- Email clients use different email rendering engines to display the email
- Email clients do not support all of the HTML and CSS features that web browsers do
- Certain fonts are not available on all devices
- Small screen sizes might cause emails to render differently
- Security or user-interface restrictions might cause an email client to alter your design
We have optimized the templates that come built into Direct Mail to look great when opened in a variety of popular email clients. If you are using your own template, or a third-party template, use our design test feature to check your design compatibility before sending.
If you are hand-crafting your HTML source code, you might be interested in this handy chart of what CSS properties are supported in various email clients.